Myofascial Release - Safe for All Ages
Myofascial Release Yoga
Myofascial Release Individualized SELF CARE
Red Light Therapy
Heather Sabin Bryan, PTA, LMT, OMT, RYT, Owner, Lead Therapist
PTA 15701 MA 79159 MM 35592 RYT 238051 OMT
As a therapist for over 28 years, my mission has been to deliver personalized, compassionate, hands-on care that will give you lasting results. Through Myofascial Release (MFR), I will bring relief back into your life and help to significantly reduce your discomfort. MFR heals, energizes, aligns, restores, and transforms to relieve your pain, reduce your restrictions, and give you back your life. I come to you as a therapist who began the journey as a patient myself, so I bring you the compassion that stems from a deep level of personal experience. As your therapist, you and I will become partners on the road to healing and wholeness.
Myofascial Release (MFR) is a gentle, safe, and highly effective hands-on technique used for treating connective tissue restrictions that cause both acute and chronic pain, which can lead to the loss of mobility and function in your body. MFR is a whole-body approach that uses the application of gentle, sustained pressure into the Myofascial connective tissue to release tight pressure to eliminate pain and restore motion. MFR restores the body’s soft tissues to a healthy, fluid state. The “myofascial” or “fascial” system is a three dimentional web of connective tissue that surrounds, infiltrates, and connects every tissue, organ, and cell of your body from head to toe and skin to spine. Its function is to provide support and structure to the body, and it acts as a bracing mechanism and shock absorber to protect the body from injuries. Everyone’s fascial system is as unique as your fingerprints, and no two injuries or strain patterns are this same. MFR enables me to treat you as the unique individual that you are, and not according to a protocol or systematic approach. YOU are more than symptoms or a label.
Are you suffering from pain, immobility, or loss of function? Are you stressed or experiencing any symptoms that can’t seem to be explained? Have you tried other forms of therapy that have led to short-term results or none at all? Have all other forms of therapy actually seen a worsening in your symptoms? The Myofascial Release (MFR) Technique is a broad term that covers many different approaches for fascial tissue treatment under one named discipline. MFR, as taught by John F. Barnes P.T., is in a unique class of its own. It is a hands-on, soft tissue technique that facilities the movement and healing of the fascial system, and provides “whole healing, healing into oneness, healing into wholenesss.” The Barnes approach of Myofascial Release (JFB MFR) is the missing link in the health care system today, and is the link your body, mind, and spirit need to attain your highest level of healing. MFR will provide lasting results and it will restore your ability to live life to its fullest and as joyfully as possible. You truly can feel like a kid again.
Below is just a sample list of various conditions and symptoms that MFR can help with.
- Chronic pain
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Pelvic pain
- Shoulder pain / Dysfunction
- TMJ DISORDERS
- ORAL MOTOR DISORDERS
- Sleep Disorder Breathing
- Whiplash and disc problems
- Sports injuries
- Chronic fatigue
- Painful scars
- Decreased Mobility
- Difficulty Sleeping
- Bladder Issues
- Emotional Trauma
- Cerebral Palsy
- Difficulty Mental Focus
- Lack of energy
- Decreased wellness
- Posture difficulties
- Myofascial Pain Syndrome
- Stiff or frozen joints
- Pre- and post-surgical dysfunctions
- Blood pressure issues
- Menstrual pain
- Oral/tooth pain
- Carpal tunnel
- Nerve pain
- Plantar Fascitis/shin splints
- Cranial misalignments (misshapen head due to delivery)
- Digestive issues including constipation and reflux (GERD)
- Hip dysplasia
- Shoulder dystocia
- Abdominal tearing (diastastis recti)
- Pelvic torsion or imbalance
- Breast, Cesarean or surgical scars
- Decreased flexibility
- Tennis Elbow/Golfer’s Elbow
- Pudendal nerve entrapment
- Sleep Disordered Breathing
- Feeding/Breastfeeding Difficulties
- Failure to Thrive
- Sleep Apnea
Myofascial Release (MFR) Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Myofascial Release?
- What is fascia?
- What is the role and function of fascia?
- What causes Myofascial restrictions?
- Why is Myofascial Release so effective?
- How does fascia impact women’s and men’s health issues, and why is pelvic treatment so important?
- What is Pediatric Myofascial Release?
- What is Myofascial Release Yoga?
- What should I expect with Myofascial treatment?
- What should I expect for my first treatment?
- How many sessions do I need?
- What is Red Light Therapy
- What is Myofunctional Therapy