Myofascial Release/CranioSacral Fascial Specialist/Oral Motor TherapistHEATHER SABIN BRYAN, PTA, LMT, OMT, RYT, Establishment Owner
Hello! My name is Heather Sabin Bryan and I am a licensed Physical Therapist Assistant, as well as a licensed Massage Therapist with over 27 years of experience. My mission has been to deliver personalized, compassionate, hands-on care with genuine results that truly last.
After sustaining an injury myself in the year 2013, my understanding of pain and the adverse effects of immobility on the body, mind, and spirit was taken to a whole new level of awareness. None of my extensive physical therapy experience reduced my pain, and the discomfort and limitations were compounding daily. The little improvement I felt with traditional therapy disappeared within a few hours, and often, I could barely walk from the treatment table to my car without feeling the pain return. The only remaining options were surgery and pain management, which I found unacceptable.
I was 42 years old—having a metal cage placed in my thoracic and cervical vertebra was just out of the question. That’s how I began my search for an alternative solution for both the physical pain and the spiritual defeat. Finally, I found what I believe is the missing link in health care today—the John F. Barnes Myofascial Release Therapy (JFB-MFR). My initial exposure to Myofascial Release (MFR) was from the founder himself, who I now call mentor and friend, John F Barnes. From the moment he laid his hands on me, I knew I found not only what my body needed to begin to heal, but also the type of care I needed to provide professionally. I was so moved by the immediate and profound results of MFR that it drove me to study and train in depth directly from John F. Barnes. I am now pain-free, I’ve returned to all personal and professional activities without any limitations, and I am simply loving life!
I have been so fortunate to receive my training from John F. Barnes himself, with over 700+ hours to date. The process of learning and refining one’s skills should never stop, and that notion fuels my dedication and desire to continue to learn. Each class I take for the first time or retake over again deepens my understanding, strengthens my skills, and refines my touch so I am always able to provide the most up-to-date techniques of MFR.
My studying of the systems and fascia of the body has taken me to train directly under the scientist and anatomist that actually were the first to visually film fascia and able to refine a way to actually dissect fascia in the lab, spending the summer of 2019 at the University of Dundee, Scotland.
In addition to my proficiency and expert level training as a MFR therapist, I also take great pride in my practice setting. A practice is more than just a treatment setting—it is just like home. It has all the comforts and privacy of home and there is no need for my patients to rush off. There are plenty of extra rooms and areas to lounge in and enjoy the new-found fluidity and flexibility gained in the treatment sessions. Patients can watch informative videos, enjoy the latest and most informative literature on Fascia, and even utilize the self-treatment room where, where patients can try out all the various types of self-treatment tools to see which ones work best for their body. Just as my office is designed to have the comforts of home, my patients are NEVER just a number!
My journey as a therapist to patient back to therapist gives me first-hand experience of how wonderful MFR is, and how amazing the results are. With MFR, it is possible to live a high-quality, pain-free life!
You deserve to have fascial freedom, you are worth it! Pain does not follow a Monday–Friday schedule or adhere to holidays. I am available most times when you and your fascia are in need. It is my intention and hope to give you a well-rounded approach to reach whole body, mind, and spirit healing. I can’t wait to hear from you!
Revive. Restore. Renew. Heal into Wholeness with me. Thrive and regain a whole New Life with Myofascial Release and Wellness of Tampa Bay. More than a practice, its an experience.
Myofascial Experience and Hands-On Training
I am the owner and chief therapist of Myofascial Release and Wellness of Tampa Bay, and I have been treating patients since 1997. I personally trained with John F Barnes, have served two internships at his treatment facilities, and have attended over 700 hours of hands-on training in seminars and internships through the Barnes organization alone.
I also experienced an intensive treatment program as the patient at the Sedona, AZ clinic, where I received 20 hours of myofascial release treatment. This gave me the first-hand experience of regaining 1.4 inches in height of the 2.5 inches that my spine had lost since my injury in 2013! The results were so amazing that I returned in October for an additional 45-hour intensive myofascial release program.
I have just completed 4 month Oral Motor Training through Sarah K. Hornsby through the Breath Institute to be able to provide Myofunctional Therapy.
Florida PTA 15701
Florida MA 79159
- Saint Petersburg College—A.S. degree for Physical Therapist Assistant in 1997
- Erwin Technical College—Licensed Massage Therapist 2015
- John F. Barnes Myofascial Seminars
- MFR 1 (2)
- MFR 2 (3)
- Unwinding (2)
- Advanced Unwinding (3)
- Rebounding (3)
- Cervical-Thoracic (2)
- Facial Pelvis (2)
- Skills Enhancement/Internship – Malvern
- Skills Enhancement/Internship- Sedona
- Healing Seminar
- Subtle Energy (Therapeutic Touch) 1, Subtle Energy (Therapeutic Touch) 2, Subtle Energy (Therapeutic Touch) 3 Subtle Energy (Therapeutic Touch) 4
- Equine 1, Equine 2 and Equine Skills Enhancement
- Women’s Health (2)
- Quantum Leap
- Therapy for the Therapist Intensive (2) – 65 total hours of intensive treatment
- Myofascial Mobilization
- Mermaid Myofascial Freedom (2)
- Myofascial Wall Yoga 1
- International Therapeutic Touch Organization of Ontario 2015
- Barry Gillespie Craniosacral Fascial Training
- Adult/Child Craniosacral Fascial Therapy
- Infant Craniosacral Fascial Therapy
- Movement Training with MFR Principles
- Wall Yoga 1
- MFR Yoga Weekend 25 hour Training
- Myofascial Release Yoga Teacher 200 hours
- 4 month Training in Myofunctional Therapy with Sarah K Hornsby for TOTs and Sleep Disordered Breathing
Additional Specialized Training
- Fascial Dissection Class Nov 2022 Ohio State University 40 hours
- Fascial Dissection Class University of Dundee, Scotland 40 hours
- Therapeutic Touch Level 4 Certified
- Registered Yoga Teacher 200 hr.
- Kinesiotaping/Rock Tape – Basics and Special Populations
- Craniosomatic 1 (Dallas Hancock)
- Reiki 1
- Florida State Sports Massage Training
- Therapeutic Touch Level 1 & Level 2 – Ontario Certified
- Myofascial Release Voice, Speech and Swallowing – Cleveland Clinic
- Myofascial Release Upper Body
- Myofascial Release with Lori Z the Female Perspective Nov 2022
- Private 3 day Myofascial Release Seminar Jan 2023 with Walt Fritz, PT
- Certified Rock Tape Specialist Basics and Special Populations
- Sports Massage
- Therapeutic Touch Level 4 Practitioner – Internationally Recognized #80979 – 2015
- Vestibular Balance Rehabilitation Therapist 2003
- MedX Physical Therapy Rehabilitation Certified Cervical/Lumbar – University of Florida Physical Therapy 2001
- Anatomist John Sharky and Dr. Guimberteau
- Lori Zeltwanger, PT Myofascial Release Seminars the Female Perspective
- Walt Fritz, PT Manual Therapy Seminars
- Sarah K. Hornsby, Faceology
- Dr. Zaghi, the Breath Institute
- John F. Barnes Myofascial Release Seminars and Treatment Centers
- Barry Gillespie Seminars
- American Physical Therapy Association
- Florida Physical Therapy Association
- American Massage Therapy Association
- Florida Massage Therapy Association
- Florida Sports Massage Team – Wounded Warriors
- Hands for Heros
- Therapeutic Touch Organization of Ontario
- Myofascial Release Yoga – The Myofascial Release Yoga Institute of Canada
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION OR QUESTIONS